THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS MAY BE USED BY THE INSTRUCTOR TO
Which of the following statements are true of Flight Service Stations?
a. They will relay IFR position reports in the event ARTCC cannot be contacted.
b. They provide general services to aircraft.
c. They usually can be contacted on 255.4 MHz by military aircraft.
d. They are normally located at airfields.
e. All of the above.
2. Immediately after takeoff on an IFR flight plan, a pilot would expect to contact
_______________ for further instruction.
3. What are the primary differences between a warning area and a restricted area?
Detailed information on special use airspace can be found in_______________.
5. Above 10,000 feet MSL, an IFR flight plan must be filed if you are unable to maintain cloud
clearance of __________ feet over, __________ feet under, and __________ horizontally, and a
visibility of at least ___________.
6. Aircraft will not be operated at a speed in excess of 250 knots IAS below an altitude of
__________ feet MSL.
7. Navy takeoff minimums with a standard instrument rating for non precision approaches are
no lower than ___________ ceiling and ___________ visibility.
8. Navy takeoff minimums with a standard instrument rating for precision approaches are no
lower than ___________ ceiling and __________ visibility.
9. ATC requires a report when the cruising airspeed changes by __________ % or __________
knots, whichever is greater, from that given in the flight plan.
10. In order to fly VFR below 10,000 feet MSL within controlled airspace, visibility must be
__________ and a distance of __________ below, __________ above, and __________
horizontal distance from clouds must be maintained.
COURSE SUMMATION 9-1