INSTRUMENT FLIGHT RULES WORKBOOK
Match the following:
10. An aircraft's TACAN radio can only be used for __________, whereas a VOR receiver can
be used for ____________ and ____________.
11. Using Mode 3, the pilot may be assigned any one of the ____________codes.
12. The two transponder modes used in air traffic control are Modes ____________and
To operate both modes of the transponder, a pilot would select ____________.
If a pilot is navigating due north of a VOR, what radial is he on? _____________
15. If a pilot is NW of a VOR tracking inbound on the 330º, what is his/her course?
The procedure used to fly a straight line to a facility is called ____________.
17. While flying at 1000 feet AGL, reliable navigation information could be received from
__________NM from a VOR station.
18. The only reliable navigation information received in the cone of confusion is __________
information. That reading, when directly over the TACAN facility, is called ____________.
19. A pilot's primary indication of station passage for a VOR is ____________ and for
TACAN it is ____________.
1-36 INTRODUCTION TO AIRBORNE NAVIGATION AND COMMUNICATIONS
EQUIPMENT AND PRINCIPLES OF OPERATION