FORM 11 (cont.)
19. What can the engineman do to correct the problem caused by improper handling of the
automatic brake valve?
20. What is done before moving a spotted car that has been placed in air brake emergency?
21. What are the four essential operational systems of the diesel electric locomotive?
22. Under what conditions should the sander be used?
23. What will happen if sand is applied to the rails while the wheels are slipping?
24. What are the two most important duties of the train crew while the locomotive is in
25. What may result from improper handling of throttle or reversing lever?
26. What instrument tells how much current the traction motors are utilizing?
27. What are the main causes of electrical equipment failures in locomotives?
28. What should be done when load or ampere meter fluctuates erratically?
29. If your locomotive was accidentally turned over and the Diesel engine was still running, what
should be your first action? (Assuming you are not incapacitated)
30. What is the procedure for reversing the locomotive?