FORM 10 (cont.)
17. What is the indication of hand, flag and lamp, signals when used in the following manner?
(1) Swung at right angles to track?
(2) Raised and lowered vertically?
(3) Swung vertically in a circle at arms length?
Swung horizontally above the head when standing?
Held at arms length above head, when standing?
Any object waved violently by anyone on or near the track?
Slight horizontal movement at arm's length at right angles to the track?
18. Using an "O" for short sounds and (-) for longer sounds, use engine whistle signals for the
Apply brakes, stop
Flagman protect rear of train
Forward trainman protect ahead
Train has parted
Acknowledge signal given
When standing back
Call for signals
Approaching public crossing
Clearance to go through while work crew is working tracks