WRITTEN TEST FOR CONDUCTOR
RAILROAD EQUIPMENT OPERATOR LICENSE
Date of Test
for use of examiner only
special remark (if any) signature of examiner
1. What is the most important responsibility of the conductor?
2. Why does the conductor have the brakeman ride between the point car and the locomotive,
when the locomotive is pushing one or more cars forward?
3. From whom does the conductor normally receive his train orders?
4. What should be done when you receive orders to move a specific car from a designated
building and the car number does not correspond to the one given for movement?
5. When the conductor relays a slow signal for catching a car and the engineman proceeds at the
same speed, what should the conductor do?
6. In the process of making up a train in the yards and a man was observed crawling through the
cars, but after checking the man could not be located, what signal would be relayed by the