(6) Maintains liaison with railroad users to ensure that their needs are being met and
takes corrective actions when they are not being met.
(7) Maintains liaison with the other organizations that support the railroad operation
to ensure that the railroad's needs are being met and recommends corrective actions when the
railroad's needs are not being met.
(8) Manages all incoming and outgoing commercial cars to ensure that they are dealt
with effectively, efficiently, and safely.
(9) Maintains records (such as car moves, car locations, switch requests, spotting
requests, etc) to aid in the effective, efficient, and safe use of the railroad.
(10) Plays a principle role in the preparation of all railroad operations governing
documents and ensures that the portions of the document(s) that are under his/her purview are
(11) Maintains knowledge of current railroad practices.
(12) Maintains an effective training program and acts as a trainer when required.
(13) Enforces safety, fire, and security regulations and maintains good housekeeping
in all work areas.
(14) Performs as a dispatcher, conductor, engineer, or braker/switcher if qualified and
if required to do so.