WRITTEN TEST FOR BRAKEMAN
RAILROAD EQUIPMENT OPERATOR LICENSE
Date of Test
For use of examiner only
special remarks (if any)
signature of examiner
1. What is the proper location for a brakeman on a train?
2. Who is responsible for the movement, safety, and proper care of the train?
3. What action will brakeman take in the event the conductor cannot be seen during switching
4. What safety precautions will be taken before train crosses dangerous intersections?
5. What action will be taken by brakeman when unsafe conditions are noticed?
6. In case of doubt or uncertainty, what must be done?
7. In the event of an accident or injury to personnel, what action will be taken?