T-45C TS INav-02
Introduction to INav and Voice Procedures
NOTE: The acronym VORTAC describes a facility in
which a VOR and a TACAN station are collocated.
Operating characteristics are the same as VOR/DME.
Same as VOR plus DME information
Both VOR frequency and TACAN channel must be
Differences from TACAN
(1) TACAN: 1025-1150 MHz, UHF (252
channels, X and Y)
(2) VOR/DME: 108.0-117.95 MHz, VHF
(channel designator for DME only)
(1) TACAN: DME a component of system
(2) VOR/DME: DME separate system
providing range only
NOTE: DME information for the T-45C can
only be received on the TACAN. The
aircrafts VOR receiver configuration does
not include DME capability.
(1) TACAN: Morse code only
(2) VOR/DME: Morse code and possible voice
Voice communications (receive only)
(1) TACAN: none