T-45C TS & IUT INav-11
Terminal forecasts (TAF Format):
NAS Jacksonville: 03005KT 2SM BKN008 BKN010 A2990
NAS Mayport: 03005KT 1SM FG OVC005 A2989
Moody AFB: 05010KT 5SM HZ OVC020 A2998
After obtaining this information from the weather office, you should look at the teletype NOTAMs for your
destination, alternate, and route of flight. You can now check the special notices in the FLIP Enroute Flight
Information Handbook, FLIP Enroute IFR Supplement, and in FLIP General Planning. Finally, check the
general planning (GP) and area planning (AP/1) sections for specific instructions regarding flight planning
Preflight Planning Questions
1. The FLIP high altitude en route chart number you should select is ________.
2. Your ETD will be ________Z.
3. The period of time when the weather forecast plays a major factor in your planning decisions is
from ________ Z to ________ Z.
4. Did you determine from the terminal forecast that an alternate is required for NAS JAX? ________
What are your reasons? _________________________________________________
5. You have examined the terminal forecast for fields in your area and have determined which
alternates have adequate services, runways, and NAVAIDs for the T-45C. What is your choice of
an alternate airfield? _____________________________________________________________
6. The forecast surface winds at JAX indicate that the duty runway is probably _______________.
7. Based on the duty runway you selected in Question 6, what instrument approach procedure will
8. What is your course and distance from Taylor to the JAX TACAN IAF?_____________________