T-45C TS & IUT INav-11
5. Jacksonville Center advises radar contact. What will you communicate as you pass
6. You want to know the existing weather at JAX. You could select the frequency for JAX ATIS or
you could contact JAX Metro on frequency _________________________________________
Jacksonville Center has started your descent toFL240 into JAX for hand-off to approach control. You have
received your updated weather from Metro and know that Delta is current from ATIS.
JACKSONVILLE CENTER: Navy one Alpha one four three: Jacksonville Center, contact
Jacksonville Approach on three seven nine point nine.
PILOT: Navy one Alpha one four three, Roger, Jacksonville Approach on three seven nine point
PILOT: Jacksonville Approach: Navy one Alpha one four three, flight level two five zero
descending to 240 with information Delta.
APPROACH CONTROL: Navy one Alpha one four three: radar contact, JAX altimeter, two nine
nine zero, descend to and maintain FL200. Fly heading one five zero radar vectors MERFY.
Cleared to hold at MERFY as published, expect further clearance one four one five Zulu. Expect
high TACAN runway nine.
PILOT: Navy one Alpha one four three, leaving FL240 for 200, heading one five zero vectors
MERFY. Hold at MERFY. Expect further clearance one four one five Zulu, altimeter two nine nine
APPROACH CONTROL: Navy one Alpha one four three: cleared high TACAN runway nine at
Navy JAX .
PILOT: Navy one Alpha one four three, Roger, cleared high TACAN runway nine.
1. You should always obtain an ________ time before accepting a holding clearance.
2. You should slow the aircraft to the maximum holding speed of ________ KIAS or less within
three minutes of reaching the holding fix (unless you requested a higher speed).
3. Normally you would hold at ________ ________ to conserve fuel.