T-45C TS & IUT INav-11
4. Do you report leaving FL200? ________
5. If ATC has you in radar contact, do you report entering holding? ________
6. Describe the holding pattern you will enter. __________________________________________
7. On the assigned heading, what entry procedure will you perform to enter holding? ___________
8. What would your next mandatory voice report be? _____
NOTE: OPNAVINST 3710.7 requires that pilots make a wheels down report prior to landing.
Normally you will make this report at or after the FAF when your landing checklist is complete.
This report is not an ATC requirement.
9. You are in radar contact. Is a missed approach a mandatory voice report? ________________
Approach and Landing
In the event of undue delays (e.g., head winds, traffic delays, etc.) and marginal weather, fuel can become
a critical factor. At this point you must decide to proceed to your alternate or commence the approach. If
there is any possibility of a missed approach, you should advise approach control of your missed approach
intentions. If you have to execute a missed approach and proceed to your alternative without spare fuel on
board, additional unexpected delays could put you in a critical fuel situation.
After landing roll-out, turn off the duty runway, contact ground control and request taxi instructions. Stop by
the weather office to update the forecast weather for your route of flight and destination.
Approach and Landing Questions
1. Your minimum descent altitude (MDA) for the HI-TACAN RWY 9 approach at JAX Field NAS is
________ ft MSL.
2. How many feet above the touchdown zone (TDZE) is the MDA? _________________________
3. What is the elevation of the TDZE?_________________________________________________
4. If you request a precision radar approach to runway 9, your decision height is _____ ft MSL.