T-45C TS & IUT INav-11
Preflight Planning Answers
1. The FLIP High Altitude Enroute Chart number you should select is ________.
2. Your ETD will be ________ Z.
3. The period of time when the weather forecast plays a major factor in your planning decisions is from
________ Z to ________ Z.
ANSWER: 1300, 1500
4. Did you determine from the terminal forecast that an alternate is required for NAS JAX?
What are your reasons?
ANSWER: Yes. The weather forecast calls for ceiling/visibility to be below 3000/3 at ETA.
5. You have examined the terminal forecast for fields in your area and have determined which alternates
have adequate services, runways, and NAVAIDs for the T-45C. What is your choice of an alternate
ANSWER: Moody with 2000/3
6. The forecast surface winds at JAX indicate that the duty runway is probably ________.
7. Based on the duty runway you selected in Question 6, what instrument approach procedure will you
ANSWER: HI TACAN runway 9
8. What is your course and distance from Taylor to the JAX TACAN IAF?
ANSWER: 143 degrees/62 nm
9. What is your course and distance from the IAF at JAX to the IAF (CARLO) at your alternate?
ANSWER: 315 degrees/092 nm +/- 5 degrees/10 nm