ACM 1 v 1 Defensive Maneuvering
T-45C TS, ADV & IUT ACMFP-03
Question 17 126.96.36.199.1
Identify at least three general defensive disengagement
1. Disengage at maximum TCA, minimum lateral separation,
and then lower the nose and extend.
2. Unload immediately with 5-10 units AOA.
3. Attempt to keep the bandit in sight at all times.
4. Be aware of your altitude.
5. If unable to avoid bandits weapons envelope, make a
pitchback or hard turn to reengage with sufficient energy.
6. Seek a low-altitude, high-speed regime.
7. Remain unpredictable by performing belly checks in random
direction every four seconds.
Question 18 188.8.131.52.1
What is the procedure for extending for bugout or to regain
1. Execute a maximum performance turn away from the bandit
placing the bandit at the aft visual limit.
2. Accelerate to maximum speed using 5-10 units AOA.
3. Fly as straight a line as possible until no longer threatened.
4. If necessary to maintain sight or change extension direction
after it has begun, keep the bandit near aft visibility limit, and
make a series of small hard turns until the desired heading is
Question 19 184.108.40.206.3
What are the disengagement follow-on options?
ANSWER: Pitchback or nose-high reversal
(05-98) Change 1