T-45C TS, ADV & IUT ACMFP-01
Introduction to ACM
Environment terrain, weather, IMC/VMC
(1) What is my angle off the tail (AOT)?
(2) What is my track crossing angle (TCA)?
(3) What is my range?
(4) What is my relative energy state?
How am I making bandit predictable?
How is bandit making me predictable?
IV. ACM terminology and symbology
Sg 4, fr 2
Angle off the tail (AOT)
* ACM considerations
* ACM analysis
(1) Angle between defenders longitudinal axis
* ACM terminology
and attackers line-of-sight
* ACM training rules
(2) Attackers position off defenders tail
* ACM use of HUD
Track crossing angle angular difference in
velocity vectors at any instant
Angels altitude of aircraft in thousands of feet
Soviet IR missile
Missile call used by bandit
(05-98) Change 1