Introduction to Tactical Formation--Section Turns
T-45C TS, ADV & IUT TFFP-02
Lead: "[Call sign] Tac right/left"
Wingman: acknowledge "Two"
(1) Go to MRT, make engaging turn at 14
units, using approximately 70 degrees AOB
(2) Track nose on or slightly below horizon to
maintain 300 KIAS
(3) Check and call inside man's "Six clear"
(1) As outside man approaches nose on, go to
MRT and start engaging turn at 14 units
(2) Once sight is regained, check and call
outside man's "Visual, six clear"
Wingman: maneuver into combat spread
Common error for Tac turn
Problem: inside man fails to recognize point at
which to execute turn, resulting in an acute/
Correction: correct for out of position
B. In-place turns
Purpose: maneuver section 180 degrees to engage
bogey behind section and offset to one side
Procedure for turn away from wingman