Night Familiarization Flight Procedures
T-45C TS, ADV, & IUT NFamFP-01
(1) Descend to 600 ft AGL when
(2) Establish abeam distance of
(3) Slow and trim for optimum AOA
(4) Complete landing checklist prior to
(5) Perform AOA/airspeed check
COMMON ERROR: Descending
below pattern altitude.
NOTE: At night, lighted objects
appear to be closer than they
(1) Verify proper distance abeam:
1-1.25 nm laterally
(2) Communicate (abeam call):
"Tower. Pike one seven zero,
abeam, three down and locked,
touch and go"
COMMON ERROR: Flying too
(3) Continue from abeam to 180 with
wings at level at 600 ft AGL on-
NOTE: The proper 180-degree
position is 15 seconds past
abeam, minus 1 second for each
knot of reported head wind.