(2) The phrase TEMPORARILY INOPERATIVE is added
when the system is inoperative
(3) Ceiling is announced as either CEILING or INDEFINITE
NOTE: All automated ceiling heights are measured
ceilings except indefinite ceilings.
(4) The word CLEAR is not used in AWOS due to limitations
in height ranges of the sensors
NOTE: No clouds detected is announced as NO
CLOUDS BELOW or CLEAR BELOW.
(5) SKY CONDITION MISSING is announced only if the
system level is able to report ceiling/sky condition, and the
data is not available
NOTE: Ceiling/sky conditions are not announced if the
system level is not able to report them.
(6) VISIBILITY LESS THAN ONE QUARTER is the lowest
NOTE: VISIBILITY MISSING is announced only if the
system level is able to report visibility, and the data is not
available. Visibility is not announced if the system level is
not able to report it.
(7) If remarks are included, the word REMARKS is
announced after the altimeter setting in the following
(a) Automated remarks
iii) Variable wind direction
(b) Manual remarks (prefaced with OBSERVER
Direction and intensity of thunderstorms
iii) Obstructions to visibility when 3 miles or less