T-45A UJPT, ADV, & IUT ACMFP-01
Introduction to ACM
10. The aircraft in sun is responsible for safe separation.
If the "up-sun" aircraft loses sight, broadcast "Lost sight" and maintain
a predictable course.
If "down-sun" aircraft loses sight, break off the attack, lag the up-sun
aircraft, and broadcast "Lost sight."
11. Maintain 500-ft bubble around your aircraft at all times; always assume
the other aircraft does not see you.
12. On head-on passes, both aircraft will maintain the established trend.
Where no trend exists, each aircraft will give way to the right to create a
left-to-left pass. Broadcast your intentions.
13. No blind lead turns
14. A "G" awareness maneuver is required prior to ACM. Aircrew who
experience "GLOC" shall immediately terminate ACM and return to base.
15. Minimum range for guns tracking is 1,000 ft, head-on guns are prohibited
16. A "Knock-it-off" will be called for any of the following situations:
Any violation of Training Rules
Dangerous situation/loss of situational awareness
Radio failure/loss of ICS (see #7 above)
Airspeed less than 80 kts
(1) nose-high and decelerating
(3) out-of-control flight
Unbriefed aircraft enters the flight
Aircraft enters a cloud