When in a dirty configuration, compute your bingo profile as follows:
Determine the distance to base.
Refer to the PCL to determine proper bingo information.
- Fuel required
- Speed (KIAS) for climb
- Cruise altitude
- Cruise (KIAS/IMN) speed at cruise altitude
- Descent (KIAS) speed
- Descent point
Here is an example problem:
Determine proper bingo information
- Aircraft configuration: gear down, flaps full
- Zero fuel weight: 10,500 lb
- Drag index: 0 to calculate speed
- Distance to bingo field: 100 nm
NOTE: Fuel required includes 300 pounds reserve fuel, maximum thrust climb to indicated altitude, and idle
thrust descent to sea level.
- DIST TO BASE = 100 nm
- FUEL REQD = 1,942 lb
- CLIMB SPEED = 120 KIAS
- CRUISE ALT = 15,000 feet