34. During flight planning for the destination airfield, which items must be check in both NOTAMs and IFR
a. Hours of operation/landing restrictions
b. Status of runways
d. Emergency equipment
35. For what time and location do you check forecast weather?
ANSWER: Route of flight, destination at ETA +/- 1 hour, alternate at ETA +/- 1 hour.
36. What FLIP publication may be used to convert RVR to statute mile visibility?
ANSWER: FLIP high/low altitude (Terminal).
37. What are takeoff minimums for a pilot with a standard instrument rating?
ANSWER: 300 ft ceiling and 1 sm visibility.
38. What fuel requirements must be determined for departure to destination?
ANSWER: Start, taxi, takeoff fuel, fuel to climb, enroute fuel, enroute descent, approach fuel, required
39. When determining the type of approach, why would you review the landing minimums for your aircraft
ANSWER: To determine the lowest MDA/DH approach.