23 SEPTEMBER 1999
FORMAL GRIEVANCE MATTERS
PART A - GENERAL
500. Definition. For purposes of this manual, "formal grievance matters"
include complaints of wrongs submitted pursuant to Article 138, UCMJ, and
Article 1150, U.S. Navy Regulations.
PART B - NATRACOM ACTIVITIES
510. Procedures. The processing of formal grievance matters shall be in
accordance with JAGMAN Chapter III.
511. Routing. CNATRA shall consider and take action on all formal grievance
matters wherein the respondent was a member of a NATRACOM activity at the time
of the alleged wrong. The formal grievance shall be routed via the respondent
and the chain of command to CNATRA.
512. Liaison. CNATRA SJA shall be informed and updated on all formal
grievance matters to be routed to CNATRA. Initial notification shall be upon
receipt of the formal grievance. Intermediate superiors shall continue
updating CNATRA SJA of the status of any formal grievance matter until
received by CNATRA.
PART C - REGIONAL ACTIVITIES
520. Routing. Formal grievance matters shall be forwarded through the chain
of command of the respondent's command at the time of the alleged wrong.
521. Legal Support. CNATRA SJA may provide legal support and advice, upon
request and on an "as available" basis, to commands in formal grievance
matters to assist those commands in fulfilling their responsibilities.