23 SEPTEMBER 1999
PART A - GENERAL
301. Definition. For purposes of this manual, "JAGMAN investigations"
include command investigations and litigation reports as defined in JAGMAN
PART B - NATRACOM ACTIVITIES
311. Appointing Letters. An advance copy of all appointing orders for JAGMAN
investigations convened by NATRACOM activities shall be provided to CNATRA
312. Procedures. All JAGMAN investigations shall be in accordance with
JAGMAN Chapter II.
313. Routing of Command Investigations. Command investigations which the
convening authority intends to forward shall be routed via the chain of
command to CNATRA.
314. Routing of Litigation Reports. Litigation reports convened by NATRACOM
activities shall be forwarded to Judge Advocate General (Code 35) via CNATRA
SJA with a copy to the claims office of the local Naval Legal Service Office
activity. Such reports must be protected as attorney work product.
Coordination with the CNATRA SJA is required before litigation reports are
315. Copies of JAGMAN Investigations. JAGMAN investigations forwarded to
CNATRA shall include at least the original plus one copy. Litigation reports
or JAGMAN cases involving training related injuries shall include at least the
original plus two copies. JAGMAN investigations involving death or aircraft
mishaps shall include the original plus three copies.
PART C - REGIONAL ACTIVITIES
320. Routing. Per JAGMAN 0209 and 0210, JAGMAN investigations shall be
forwarded through the chain of command of the convening authority. The claims
office of the local Naval Legal Service Office activity should receive a copy
of all litigation reports.
321. Legal Support. CNATRA SJA may provide legal support and advice, upon
request and on an "as available" basis, to regional commands to assist those
commands in fulfilling their responsibilities.
322. Area Coordination. From time to time, remote commands may request the
assistance of CNATRA to coordinate an investigation within its regional area
of coordination. In such cases, CNATRA will direct a command within its
region to convene an investigation and forward the endorsed report to CNATRA