23 SEPTEMBER 1999
100. Purpose. This manual establishes and publishes policy, guidance, and
requirements regarding legal matters which have the potential of being
forwarded to a general court-martial convening authority for action. The
Chief of Naval Air Training (CNATRA) has general court-martial convening
authority and may take action in certain legal matters occurring within the
Naval Air Training Command (NATRACOM) or within the region for which CNATRA is
regional area coordinator.
101. Scope. The policy, guidance, and requirements contained in this manual
apply to NATRACOM activities and regional activities as both are defined
102. NATRACOM Activities. For purposes of this manual, "NATRACOM activities"
103. Regional Activities. For purposes of this manual, "regional activities"
area coordinator. CNETINST 5400.2C designates CNATRA as regional area
coordinator for naval activities located within the states of Texas, Arizona,
New Mexico, Colorado, Utah, Idaho, Montana, and Wyoming.
104. Policy. Legal matters should be conducted efficiently, without undue
delay, and with coordination and liaison with affected authorities.
105. Point of Contact. The CNATRA point of contact for legal matters is the
CNATRA Staff Judge Advocate (SJA) who may be reached at:
Chief of Naval Air Training (Code 013)
250 Lexington Blvd.
Corpus Christi, Texas 78419
(361) 961-3510; (DSN: 861-3510); (Fax: 4450)