16 September 2003
(4) Keep Air Operations appraised of aircraft maintenance problems.
(5) Keep senior CNATRA representative appraised of all maintenance and logistic functions and
d. Squadron LSO. Each squadron shall provide qualified LSOs to control that squadron's students. The
(1) Provide carrier qualification rosters.
(2) Complete FCLP training to his satisfaction prior to commencing ship qualifications.
(3) Qualify the assigned students aboard ship in a safe and efficient manner.
(4) Keep Air Operations advised of his whereabouts at all times. Additionally, he shall ensure that he
is posted on the muster board in Air Operations upon arrival and removed from the board upon departure.
(5) Keep Air Operations advised of student qualification status at the completion of each overhead
(6) Report all qualification/disqualification results to Air Operations Officer and CNATRA Ship Det
OIC immediately following each CQ period.
(7) Notify squadron CO/OIC when students require refresher FCLPs prior to CQ.
Walk Aboard LSO. Wave initial COD.
f. Walk Off LSO. Wave the final phase of NATRACOM aircraft and COD operations and remain
aboard as directed by the OIC. If the carrier will remain at sea for more than 3 days after the completion of
NATRACOM CQ, arrangements for a COMNAVAIRLANT/COMNAVAIRPAC LSO to cover requirements for
the ship should be made.