16 September 2003
Senior Shore Based LSO
Ensure FCLP is scheduled as required to maintain currency.
Be responsible for conducting refresher FCLP.
Ship Detachment Maintenance Coordinator
Be responsible for enlisted/CMS berthing and muster requirements during at sea operations.
Assume custody of shipboard supply pack-up kit.
Report to the Shipboard OIC for all matters relating to NATRACOM aircraft maintenance while
Work closely with Aircraft Handling Officer on all required maintenance functions aboard ship.
Ship Detachment OIC (CDR Billet)
Be responsible to CNATRA for the successful completion of the assigned detachment.
Oversee shipboard logistics during CARQUAL period.
Manage Shipboard operations, Ready Room, berthing, and attendant activities.
Comply with the requirements and restrictions of this instruction.
Attend the Presail Conference.
(6) Work directly with the CNATRA Representative on all matters pertaining to ship based
maintenance, administration, operations and safety.
Set up the Ship detachment in accordance with this instruction.
(8) Coordinate and supervise Ship based operations and maintenance in accordance with this
instruction and the LOI.
Monitor FCLP rules and currency restrictions as outlined in Table II-1 in paragraph 205.
(10) Prepare an End of Detachment CQ Summary report in accordance with paragraph 810 of this
instruction and send to CNATRA (N33) with copies to other participating TRAWINGs.
(11) Provide the Strike Operations Officer with the next day's requirements.
(12) Provide fleet CV augment personnel as required (watch standers, SDOs, Tower representative, Air
Operations representative). All primary observers and TAD personnel should be provided by the coordinating
TRAWING if feasible.
Shipboard LSO (CNATRA LSO)
Supervise and monitor the performance of assigned squadron LSOs.
Ensure compliance with specific requirements of this instruction.
(3) Advise the Shipboard OIC and Air Officer when weather, deck, or equipment conditions preclude
operating within safe limits.