16 September 2003
(2) Establish and maintain liaison with local operations (base operations, ATC, Fleet Area Control
and Surveillance Facility (FACSFAC), communications division, tower, etcetera) prior, during and upon
completion of the detachment.
(3) Publish a detachment frequency plan using the ship's communication plan and detachment area
frequencies as necessary.
(4) Provide adequate briefing areas (dry erase board, local area map, bingo field information) and all
necessary publications (i.e., references (a), (b), and (c), CNATRA CQ instruction, reference (g), host base
(5) Coordinate scheduling and publish a daily flight schedule. Ensure CNATRA Daily CQ
Summary (paragraph 809) and daily SITREP are completed and delivered to CNATRA daily.
(6) Monitor weather and bingo field conditions and ensure operations are conducted within limits
established in this instruction and current directives.
(7) Ensure all participating pilots receive course rules brief from the support base. This brief should
include, as a minimum, coverage of warning areas, airspace restrictions, FCLP facilities and FAA procedures
peculiar to the area.
Ensure availability of a minimum of one T-45C and one T-45A LSO for FCLP.
Assistant Shore Detachment Operations Officer/Schedules Officer
Assist the Shore Detachment Operations Officer in the performance of his duties.
Prepare a daily flight schedule for the Combined Detachment.
Shore Detachment Administrative/Billeting Officer
Coordinate and schedule arrival/departure times for TRAWINGs.
(2) Arrange for berthing, messing, transportation, and administrative support requirements at the
host support, bingo, and/or FCLP base.
Publish uniform requirements for airlift and support bases.
Preposition an adequate number of vehicles for immediate use upon arrival of the detachment:
Publish liberty restrictions for the support bases.
Arrange for message pick-up, delivery and releasing authority.
Set up bus schedules for quarters, mess facilities and hangar spaces as required.
Maintain a copy of this instruction and supporting references.
Arrange for early and late meals as required.
(10) Prior to detachment arrival inspect assigned spaces for adequacy, (working and living) and
ensure telephones are installed (at least two DSN capable).
(11) Publish a room assignment/telephone number list of all officers and key maintenance personnel.
(12) Print and distribute a daily flight schedule as required by operations (copy to the carrier via first
available COD/Lead Safe/Email).