16 September 2003
Land on speed.
Remember carrier tire pressure.
Check hook up, anti-skid on and anti-collision lights on.
Emergencies/Safety of flight
NORDO - fly A/C first, check fittings and switches.
(1) Fly normal pattern; watch for cut lights; waveoff if directed. Succeeding cut lights are
calls for power.
(2) Clean up; proceed to 7 NM at 500 feet; climb overhead ship (1500 feet or VMC),
expect to be joined by (or join) lead safe.
(3) If bingo fuel - BINGO!
(4) Require immediate landing: landing light. Emergency only. LSO will use cut lights to
Loss of NAVAIDS.
Lost sight/inadvertent IMC.
(1) Airborne - probable steer and short field arrest.
(2) On deck - drop hook and transmit to tower.
Landing gear malfunctions, probable steer.
Flameout - airborne and during cat shot.
m. Hydraulic failure - discuss dirty bingo.
Launch bar light/Launch bar down airborne.
Brake Pressure light.
Low altitude ejection (clean and dirty).
NATOPS and other QOD
Yellow sheets - "A" for ship ops, log traps, cats, T/Gs,
bolters, field landing.
Hop isn't over after last trap. (Final cat shot, formation, field landing etc.); ensure hook up
after final CAT.
Reputation is earned around the ship - be professional and alert.