16 September 2003
Push Back procedures.
Signals for chocks and chains.
Purple shirt refueling signals.
Cut signal at 3000 lbs (or as directed by Air Boss).
Call "side number, up and ready (gross weight)."
Mask on prior to being broken down.
Cold start/Flight deck
(1) Location of A/C (obtained from flight deck control, escort required).
(2) Pre-flight - same as before.
(3) Beware of intakes, exhausts and props!
(4) Avoid landing area if ops in progress.
(5) Same start, checks, etcetera. (Start on yellow shirt signal only.)
(6) No hook check if tail over water until A/C pulls forward.
(7) Call "side number, up and ready, gross weight."
(1) A/C chocked and chained.
(2) Seat safed and parking brake set.
(4) Leave all electrical equipment on.
(5) Unstrap, lengthen lap straps, seat up, and rudder peddles outward.
(6) Open canopy on signal, ensure intake screen in place.
(7) Debrief oncoming pilot.
Normal Departure Procedures
(1) Straight ahead at 500 feet to 7 NM at 300 KIAS or as directed by tower. All Rdvs will
be at 250 KTs/within 5 NM.
(2) Turn shortest direction to field and climb. Stay away from overhead marshal stack
(remain outside of 10 NM).
(3) Contact departure when directed.
(1) Straight ahead at 500 feet to 7 NM at 300 KIAS or as directed by departure.
(2) At 7 NM, turn in appropriate direction onto the 10 NM arc and intercept the departure
(3) If joining other aircraft, execute TACAN rendezvous (VFR on top) on departure radial
at a distance of angels plus 15 miles.
(4) All aircraft shall report airborne, arcing, and outbound. Remain VMC established
outbound on departure radial.
Be prepared to bingo.
Update bingo info as provided by tower.
Notify tower when at bingo - don't wait to be asked. This is an Emergency Procedure!
Immediately turn to bingo heading and clean up (including hook).
Reselect SLV mode and cross check with the wet compass.
Accel to 307 KIAS - level.
Commence MRT climb to pre-determined altitude (as per PCL Bingo Chart).
Don't wait for safety pilot to join.
Switch to departure and tune in bingo TACAN. Squawk 7700.
Go IMC if necessary to preserve profile.
Discuss coordination with Approach Control (emergency fuel).
Discuss recoveries - downwind or base leg entry, VFR straight-in, min fuel GCA.
m. Heads up for other A/C.