04 Aug 2006
balance. If an IUT has had ample opportunity to learn a task and
subsequently flies a short mission, do not incomplete the mission
solely to provide unwarranted extra training.
Assess the event complete if:
(1) Seventy-five percent of the event's H/X was used for
(2) Sufficient events remain in the block to redress the
(3) Individual maneuvers can still be accomplished within
(4) Otherwise, assess the event incomplete.
b. Completion Events. An event may both complete a
previous event and count as an advancing X.
c. Simulator Event Completion. Assess a simulator event
complete if the IUT or student has received a full 1.3-hour
Policies for Evaluation Flights and Ground Evaluations
a. Check Rides (SXX90). Check rides amount to single
event, training blocks. Therefore, all rules regarding
progressing out of a block apply, except as noted below:
(1) Fly a representative cross-section of optional
(2) Up to two optional maneuvers may be graded F/3 where
G/4 is required without requiring an overall unsatisfactory.
(3) SI may allow IUT to reaccomplish maneuvers.
(4) The entire event should be devoted to assessing the
IUT's ability and readiness to progress to the next stage of
training. All maneuvers indicated with a plus (+) are check ride
critical and must be accomplished to MIF.
(5) The IUT should be able to demonstrate required levels
of proficiency without SI assistance. However, instruction is
allowed on check rides, and IUTs may reaccomplish maneuvers at
the SI's discretion.
The check shall be incomplete
Incomplete Check Ride.
(1) Any (+) item was not flown, or