26 JAN 2006
66. Tactical Situational Awareness
● Visualize fighter's
position relative to
altitude to gain and keep tactical
● Properly assess the
● Exercises missile constraint IAW
prioritize, and take ● Uses intercockpit comm to enhance
the proper course of
● Use all available
recognize and direct
the jet to a point
● Navigate a published ● Performs IAW FAR, OPNAVINST
3710.7T and TRAWING SIX SOP.
course rules, or
● Maintains 1 NM on DME arcs.
● Complies with ATC instructions.
● Slows and configures aircraft for
● Perform appropriate
landing within 30 of final
maneuvers to comply
approach course and/or within
with radar vectors
10 DME of runway threshold.
to TACAN final.
● Makes required altitude calls and
● Perform instrument
approach IAW FTI,
● Maintains approach course within
briefing, and local
● Maintains desired airspeed within
● Maintains assigned headings within
● Commences turns, roll-outs, and
descents as directed without
● Adheres to all altitude
restrictions without deviation.
"At or above" tolerance is
100 feet above and 0 feet below.
● Directs missed approach procedures
IAW OPNAVINST 3710.7T.