26 JAN 2006
35. Penetration Descent to Normal Cruise
● Perform a transition ● Performs timely transition from
penetration descent to normal
descent to normal
● Accomplishes airspeed change as
required to maintain directed
● Performs configuration change:
speed brakes IN.
● Establishes desired airspeed,
altitude, and attitude IAW BAR
36. Descent Control
● Use a descent
● Uses the descent portion of flight
to arrive at the entry point
unplanned) to affect
2 minutes of prebriefed time.
timing to the entry
37. Level Speed Change to Basic Approach Configuration
● Slow aircraft for
● Maintains BAR standards while
slowing the aircraft below
165 KIAS for landing
38. S-1 Turn Pattern
● Perform S-1 turn
● Maintains constant climb or
pattern per the
descent of 1000 FPM.
NATOPS and FTI.
● Maintains 180 KIAS within 10 KIAS
● Hits prescribed altitudes within
● For S-3 maintains one-half
standard rate turn started
simultaneously with the first
● Reverses turn at the end of the
climbing minute or completion of
180 of turn.
● Maintains appropriate AOB.
● Reverses at appropriate heading.