26 JAN 2006
48. Ground Speed Checks
● Acquire ground speed ● Obtains a ground speed by
calculating distance over time.
● Uses ground speed to update fuel
on arrival and time-to-go.
49. Wind Analysis
● Acquire wind
● Determines navigation course winds
direction and speed
within 15 and 10 knots by
using course trend
mathematical trend analysis.
and time analysis.
● Adjusts and applies headings and
speed to compensate for wind
effects within 1 desired course
and 5 knots desired ground speed.
50. Wind Consideration
● Take winds in
● Determines navigational course
winds within 20 and 10 knots
using visual references or trend
and ground reference
● Applies crab and airspeed for
headwinds and crosswinds
51. Fuel Management
● Maintain fuel
● Monitors fuel status on deck at
intended point of landing.
● Adjusts course or destination in
● Keep track of fuel
order to satisfy applicable
for all formation
● As lead keeps track of wingman's
fuel state with appropriate fuel
checks performed IAW FTI and local
● As wing ensures lead is aware of
fuel state through compliance with
fuel checks performed IAW FTI and
52. Change of Flight Plan/Divert
● Direct flight course ● Contacts appropriate controller
and requests deviations IAW
OPNAVINST 3710.7T without error.
weather, fuel, or