26 JAN 2006
39. Decelerating Level Speed Change
● Reduce airspeed
● Maintains BAR standards while
slowing the aircraft to
● Maintains new airspeed IAW BAR
40. Timed Turns
● Perform one-half
● Maintains one-half standard rate
standard rate turns.
on turns for prescribed time or
degrees of turn.
● Perform standard
● Maintains standard rate on turns
for prescribed time or degrees of
41. Radial Intercepts
● Intercept a radial
● Calculates and performs a lead
and track inbound or
turn to intercept an inbound or
outbound from a
● Intercept tolerance is within 2.
● Perform holding
● Correctly calculates initial
heading on entry into the holding
● Maintains BAR standards throughout
the holding pattern.
● Correctly uses timing or distances
to determine lengths of holding
● Correctly executes holding
procedures IAW OPNAVINST 3710.7T.
43. Entry Point Acquisition
● Properly use radar,
● Acquires and flies to the entry
visual cues, and
navigational aids to
identify the route