CNATRAINST 1542.158B CH-1
31 AUG 2006
(1) Voting Members. The board consists of three voting
members, one of which is the Senior Member. The TRAWING
Commander designates the Senior Member in writing.
(2) Other Members/Observers. At least one member will be
from the student's parent service. For IMSs, where possible,
include the country liaison officer and the squadron IMSO as
(3) Academic Failures. TRBs convened due to academic
failures may include one qualified civilian instructor as a
(4) Exclusion. The following conditions exclude an
instructor from acting as a voting member on a student's TRB:
(a) Any instructor who has been on a previous TRB
for the student.
(b) Any instructor who has awarded an unsatisfactory
to the student in the relevant training stage.
(c) The IMSO, in the case of an international
(1) A background paper assessing the student's training
quality and highlighting any irregularities.
(2) A majority vote elimination/retention recommendation.
(3) A CNATRA 1542/1827 (Rev. 4-04), Training Review Board
5. Break in Training Warmup Events (SXX86). Nonsyllabus warmup
events compensate for breaks in training. Eligibility is based
on the number of days since the last flight or trainer in the
same stage. All warmups shall be coded as an SXX86, e.g.,
N4286. Warmup grades do not satisfy block or MIF requirements
and shall not be included in the cumulative totals.
Warmups within stage are not warranted between the following
events and their subsequent events unless 14 days have elapsed
IAW the chart on page 1-15: