16 January 2004
These Instrument/Navigation standards call for an action to
be accomplished in a safe and proper manner. The SNFO/SWSO
will verbally direct the pilot in a timely and procedurally
correct manner to accomplish the action(s). If the
instructor deems the verbal direction sequentially correct
and accurate to the situation/maneuver, the SNFO/SWSO may
meet, or in some cases, exceed the training standard.
● Performs an accurate time hack.
● Perform flight
● Completes ADMIN portion in a
with squadron SOP,
NATOPS, and the FTI.
● Answers questions of the day
● Correctly recites and/or discusses
all applicable NATOPS and FTI
procedures essential to the
operation of the aircraft.
● Chronologically discusses the
mission flow, to include all
student action items.
● Briefs the instructor from memory
with a description of every
turnpoint and target, oriented to
the inbound course from a cockpit
● Prepare aircraft for
● Correctly and efficiently performs
exterior/interior inspections per
● Safely directs the
taxi of the aircraft
● Safely directs the taxi of the
aircraft from the parking area to
airfield diagram as a
the runway via local procedures,
using applicable airfield diagram
as a reference.
● Visually clears the aircraft at
every intersection or possible
● Performs a postflight exterior