12 FEB 2004
3. Unsatisfactory Performance.
(See Progress Check Training
Review Process, page I-27.)
(1) If syllabus events remain in the block, the student
shall progress to the next syllabus event, until the third
(2) If no syllabus events remain, repeat the last
syllabus event in the block until the student meets MIF, or
until the third consecutive unsatisfactory.
(3) An unsatisfactory check ride (SXX90) or three
consecutive unsatisfactory syllabus events result in an IPC/F.
Document the failed check ride or third consecutive
unsatisfactory event on a pink ATF for that syllabus event.
(4) A subsequent IPC/F failure or three further
consecutive unsatisfactory syllabus events result in an FPC/F.
Document the failed IPC/F or third consecutive unsatisfactory
event on a pink ATF generating the progress check.
(5) Failing an FPC/F results in a TRB.
Ready Room Unsatisfactory (RRU)
(1) An RRU on any syllabus event will result in an IPC/R.
Document the RRU on a pink version of the ATF for that event.
The event will be marked as incomplete with an unsatisfactory
grade in the procedures column. On remediation of
unsatisfactory performance, the event will be flown to
completion, and general knowledge and emergency procedures will
be incorporated into the overall grading solution.
(2) A second or subsequent RRU or failed IPC/R will
result in an FPC/R. Document the failed IPC/R on a pink version
of the ATF generating the Progress Check.
(3) Failing an FPC/R will result in a TRB.
c. Academic. Failing the same exam twice or failing more
than one exam triggers an IPC/R or FPC/R as appropriate.