22 April 2004
(See Progress Check Procedures.)
(1) If syllabus events remain in the block, the student
shall progress to the next syllabus event, until the third
(2) If no syllabus events remain, repeat the last
syllabus event in the block until the student meets MIF, or until
the third consecutive unsatisfactory.
(3) An unsatisfactory check ride (SXX90) or three
consecutive unsatisfactory syllabus events result in an IPC/F.
Document the failed check ride or third consecutive
unsatisfactory event on a pink version of the ATF for that event.
(4) A subsequent check ride failure or three further
consecutive unsatisfactory syllabus events result in an FPC/F.
Document the failed progress check on a pink version of the ATF
generating the progress check.
(5) Failing an FPC/F results in a TRB.
Ready Room Unsatisfactory (RRU)
(1) An RRU on any syllabus event(s) will result in an
IPC/R. Document the RRU on a pink version of the ATF for that
event. The event will be marked as incomplete with an
unsatisfactory grade in the procedures column. On remediation of
unsatisfactory performance, the event will be flown to
completion, and general knowledge and emergency procedures will
be incorporated into the overall grading solution.
(2) A second or subsequent RRU or failed IPC/R will
result in an FPC/R. Document the failed IPC/R on a pink version
of the ATF generating the Progress Check.
(3) Failing an FPC/R will result in a TRB.
c. Academic. Failing the same exam twice or failing more
than one exam triggers an IPC/R or FPC/R as appropriate.
(1) A dual CPT or ground evaluation emphasizing the
deficient areas may clear an unsatisfactory check ride or end of
block syllabus event caused solely by ground operations.