22 April 2004
(2) End-of-block unsatisfactory syllabus events in the
instrument stage may be cleared in the simulator if these
conditions are met:
(a) The cause of the unsatisfactory is specific to
(b) The simulator is suited to the failed maneuver.
Until remediating the unsatisfactory:
(1) The student shall not accomplish training in any
(2) The student may accomplish academic classes,
examinations, and ground training missions provided the
unsatisfactory mission was not a prerequisite.
Training Review Board
a. Scope. Consider the circumstances relevant to the
student's training, for example:
(1) Quality of training provided in accordance with
(3) Outside influences/extenuating circumstances.
(4) The TRB shall not make elimination/retention
recommendations based on perceived student potential or aspects
unrelated to the administrative application of training IAW this
(1) Voting Members. The board consists of three voting
members, one of which is the senior member. The TRAWING
Commodore designates the senior member in writing.
(2) Other Members/Observers. At least one member will be
from the student's parent service. For international military
students (IMSs), where possible, include the country liaison
officer and the TRAWING international military student officer
(IMSO) as observers.
(3) Academic Failures. TRBs convened due to academic
failures may include one qualified civilian instructor as voting