21 May 2003
5. Job Tasks. Specific performance and standards required are
described as follows:
● A brief description of
● The specific standards for the
the behavior, required
action. May be read as "The IUT..."
6. Graded Items. The Manuever Item File (MIF) for specific
graded items varies for each stage. Several items are graded on
all complete syllabus events. The standards for these
Universally Graded Items are listed first. Then beginning with
NATOPS, each stage's MIF table is listed followed by the Course
Training Standards unique to that stage. Once the standard for a
graded item has been established, it will be omitted from later
stages where it is also graded.
Course Training Standards
UNIVERSALLY GRADED ITEMS
1. General Knowledge/Procedures
● Maintain working
● Recites, discusses, and/or
knowledge of all
performs all applicable items
essential to the operation of the
2. Emergency Procedures
● Maintain in-depth
● Correctly analyzes situation.
knowledge of NATOPS
● Performs/recites critical action
steps from memory.
● Uses checklist when conditions
● Completes procedures in a timely
3. Headwork/Situational Awareness
● Comply with the FTI
● Understands instructions,
and NATOPS while
demonstrations, and explanations.
● Foresees and avoids possible
sufficient for flight
● Remains alert and spatially