12 March 2004
● Accomplishes mission IAW VNAV FTI.
● Begins at start of
● Arrives at brief with a neat and
route and ends at
properly prepared sectional and all
required documents per FTI and VNAV
entry at recovery
● Demonstrates a working knowledge of
chart depictions and airspace
limitations and rules.
● Executes proper entry into
uncontrolled tower pattern IAW AIM.
● Makes appropriate course corrections
to maneuver the aircraft to
turnpoints and recovery airfield.
Proactive in navigation and leg
40. Search And Rescue (SAR) Maneuvers
● Accomplishes mission IAW SAR FTI,
● Begins after IFR
SAR Student Briefing Guide, and
National Search and Rescue Manual
Volumes I and II.
to the VFR CHOP
● Arrives at brief with a properly
point and ends after
completed DD 175 IFR/VFR composite
flight plan IAW ONAV FTI and FLIP GP.
● Demonstrates knowledge of SAR
clearance for return
terminology, responsibilities of OSC,
to base or new
search planning variables, and
specific search plans as described in
● Determines correct search plan for
given SAR scenario.
● Briefs and uses standard techniques
for scanning, sighting and
identification, search pattern
departure, and returning to a search
● Executes Search, Survivor Relocation,
PADS and Sea Rescue Kit Delivery
Patterns IAW SAR FTI.
● Adheres to FTI flight parameters and
rules of engagement during SAR