12 March 2004
USN Formation Maneuvers
● Begins with
● Accomplishes maneuvers IAW the
formation taxi and
mission brief and the FTI.
ends when the
● Demonstrates a working knowledge of
formation is split
formation procedures as established
up for recovery or
in the FTI.
in the pattern.
● Maintains wingman position stabilized
with safe separation between
● Demonstrates wingman consideration
● Begins after IFR
● Accomplishes mission IAW ONAV FTI and
ONAV Student Briefing Guide.
● Arrives at brief with a properly
to the VFR "chop"
completed DD 175 IFR/VFR composite
point and ends after
flight plan IAW ONAV FTI and FLIP GP.
● Adheres to standard descent practices
below 1000 feet AWL as briefed
clearance for return
including rate of descent not in
to base or new
excess of altitude and level off at
500 feet AWL.
● Initiates timely recovery for all
deviations below minimum altitude.
● Maintains good VFR scan.
● Executes correct procedures for Quick
and Eight Point Rig, adhering to all
the rules of engagement outlined in