12 March 2004
USAF Low-Level Maneuvers
● Begins when the
● Accomplishes mission IAW LL/TF FTI
and Air Force Academics.
maneuvered to enter
● Navigates primarily by prepared low-
the low-level route
and ends with
● Arrives at brief with a neat and
aircraft level off
● Applies accepted techniques to
correct course and timing deviations.
● Directs aircraft to turnpoints, drop
zone, and recovery field.
USAF Tactical Formation Maneuvers
● Begins with
● Accomplishes mission IAW mission
formation taxi and
brief and LL/TF FTI.
ends when the
● Demonstrates a working knowledge of
formation is split
procedures in FTI.
up for recovery or
● Maintains in-trail position, co-
in the pattern.
altitude with lead, out of prop wash,
and distance 100 feet of proper
● Maneuvers to line abreast and fluid
trail positions safely.
● Positively identifies the drop zone.
● Begins when lead
● Makes timely and assertive radio and
and ends after the
ICS advisory calls to execute a safe
escape maneuver when
slowdown, airdrop, and escape.
established at next
● Aligns the aircraft properly over the
DZ on the inbound course.
● Crosses PI 1 minute of TOT.