12 March 2004
Basic Air Work (BAW)
● Governs the handling
● Operates the aircraft IAW NATOPS
of the aircraft
Manual, OPNAV 3710.7S, Squadron and
under all conditions
CTW-4 SOP, FTI, FLIP, and NOTAMS.
● Aircraft control is smooth and
covered by another
► 5 of assigned heading.
► 100 feet of assigned altitude.
► 10 knots of assigned/briefed
► Arcs 1 NM.
● Levels off from climbs or descents
100 feet of assigned/briefed
● Done in flight room
● Plans mission in a timely manner to
or base operations
meet all maneuver requirements.
● Acquires appropriate flight
● Clearly defines the mission overview
and mission goals with NATOPS
● Effectively uses the mission
debriefing to reinforce skills and
identify key points in mission