27 February 2004
(2) Other Members/Observers. At least one member will be
from the student's parent service. For International Military
Students (IMSs), where possible, include the country liaison
officer and the squadron IMSO as observers.
(3) Academic Failures. TRBs convened due to academic
failures may include one qualified civilian instructor as a
(4) Exclusion. The following conditions exclude an
instructor from acting as a voting member on a student's TRB:
(a) The student's on-wing.
(b) Any instructor who has been on a previous TRB
for the student.
(c) Any instructor who has awarded an unsatisfactory
to the student in the relevant training stage.
(d) The IMSO, in the case of an international
(1) A background paper assessing the student's training
quality and highlighting any irregularities.
(2) A majority vote elimination/retention recommendation.
(3) A CNATRA 1542/1827 (Rev. 1-04), Training Review Board
a. Students shall fly Contact syllabus events C4101-C4202
with their on-wing.
Officer, Assistant Operations Officer, Flight Leader, or
Assistant Flight Leader may substitute as on-wing in the event
the student's on-wing is not available and an on-wing change is
not prudent. Substitute on-wings shall be in the student's
direct chain of command.
c. There are no other continuity requirements unless
specified by the flight leader for SMS students.