22 May 06
c. Academic. Failing an exam triggers an IPC/R or FPC/R as
appropriate. Academic and ready room unsats are equivalent.
(1) A ground evaluation emphasizing the deficient areas
may clear an unsatisfactory check ride or end of block syllabus
event caused solely by ground operations.
(2) End of block unsatisfactory syllabus events in the
Instrument stage may be cleared in the simulator if these
conditions are met:
(a) The cause of the unsatisfactory is specific to
(b) The simulator is suited to the failed maneuver.
Until remediating the unsatisfactory:
(1) The student shall not fly solo.
(2) The student shall not accomplish any training except
academic classes, examinations, and ground training events,
provided the unsatisfactory event was not a prerequisite.
Training Review Board
a. Scope. Consider the circumstances relevant to the
student's training, for example:
(1) Quality of training provided in accordance with
(3) Outside influences/extenuating circumstances.
(4) The TRB shall not make elimination/retention
(1) Voting Members. The board consists of three voting
members, one of which is the Senior Member. The TRAWING
Commander designates the Senior Member in writing.