22 May 06
11. Special Instructions and Restrictions
Flight Hour/Event Requirements and Restrictions
(1) Programmed Hours and Events. Syllabus-programmed
flight hours are listed on pages ix xi. Event lengths, SXX86,
87, 88, and 89 events will cause variation. Accomplish all
(2) Minimum Night Hours.
(3) Minimum Solo Hours. At least 80% of the H/X for each
solo event must be logged to count the event complete. Students
should accumulate four hours of first pilot time on I4901.
(4) Maximum Daily Student Activities (Aircraft,
Simulator, or Academic). Students shall not exceed two graded
activities during one duty day.
(5) Minimum Student Turn-Times. One hour is required
between debriefing of an event and the brief for a follow-on or
simulator event. This does not apply to out-and-in, cross-
country, or safe-for-solo to hot-seat profiles. However, the
instructor shall ensure adequate debrief and brief time is
(6) Crew Day. The period from the beginning of the
student's first event or official duty of the day until the
completion of the last event of the day, including associated
paperwork and debrief. Crew day shall not exceed 12 hours.
(7) Crew Rest. The period from the end of one crew day
until the start of the next shall be no less than 12 hours for
students. After six consecutive scheduled days, students shall
receive one day off. Students shall not be scheduled within
12 hours after debrief.
(1) Documentation. The ATF for the event preceding the
solo event must include "Safe for Solo" or "Unsafe for Solo" in
the general comments section.
(2) Solo not Permitted. The student may not fly solo
unless that ATF states "Safe for Solo."