22 May 06
44. Search And Rescue Maneuvers (SAR)
● Begins after IFR
● Accomplishes mission IAW SAR FTI,
SAR Student Briefing Guide, and
National Search and Rescue
to the VFR CHOP
Manual, Volumes I and II.
● Arrives at brief with a properly
completed DD 175 IFR/VFR
● Ends after climbing
and obtaining IFR
composite flight plan IAW ONAV
clearance for return
FTI and FLIP GP.
to base or new
● Demonstrates knowledge of SAR
terminology, responsibilities of
OSC, search planning variables,
and specific search plans as
described in above references.
● Determines correct search plan
for given SAR scenario; briefs
and uses standard techniques for
scanning, sighting, and
identification, search pattern
departure, and returning to a
● Executes search, survivor
relocation, PADS and sea rescue
kit delivery patterns IAW SAR
● Adheres to FTI flight parameters
and rules of engagement during
SAR pattern execution.
45. USAF Airdrop/LZ Arrival
● Begins when lead
● Positively identifies the drop
zone or LZ; makes timely and
and ends after the
assertive radio and ICS advisory
escape maneuver when
calls to execute a safe slowdown,
established at next
airdrop or landing, and escape.
● Aligns the aircraft properly over
the DZ on the inbound course.
● Arrives at objective 1 minute of
planned arrival time.