22 May 06
(b) Prior to EOB.
Performance must meet/exceed
previous block MIF. EXAMPLE:
1. C41 MIF requires an F/3 for No-Flap
C42 MIF requires a G/4.
2. The student must meet or exceed F/3 to
progress out of C41.
3. The student must maintain or exceed F/3
until the last C42 event, by which time the student must attain
(c) Exception. Students shall maintain or exceed
MIF performance from one block to the next within stage or
between media within stage. The exception is when MIF on a
subsequent block is below the preceding block MIF. In this
case, the lower MIF applies.
(5) Regression Rules. Regression rules allow for uneven
progress through training. Regression rules do not apply to the
first simulator or flight block in each stage. The following
specifies allowable regression.
(a) When a specific maneuver/procedure is introduced
for the first time in a block, an SMA can regress to a U/2
without requiring an overall UNSATISFACTORY event grade.
(b) The student is allowed up to two maneuver grades
of F/3 where a G/4 is required on previous block MIF, and:
1. The student has previously demonstrated G/4
proficiency when a G/4 was required on a previous block MIF.
2. The maneuver was not a check ride/safe-for-
solo critical (+) item.
3. The IP is satisfied the student is ready to
progress to the next event.
(c) The IP must award an overall unsatisfactory if:
1. Regression was to a U/2 where F/3 or G/4 is
required on previous block MIF, or