22 May 06
(2) Other Members/Observers. At least one member will be
from the student's parent service. For International Military
Students (IMSs), where possible, include the country liaison
officer and the squadron IMSO as observers.
(3) Academic Failures. TRBs convened due to academic
failures may include one qualified civilian instructor as a
(4) Exclusion. The following conditions exclude an
instructor from acting as a voting member on a student's TRB:
(a) The student's on-wing.
(b) Any instructor who has been on a previous TRB
for the student.
(c) Any instructor who has awarded an unsatisfactory
to the student in the relevant training stage.
(d) The IMSO, in the case of an international
(1) A background paper assessing the student's training
quality and highlighting any irregularities.
(2) A CNATRA 1542/1827 (Rev. 4-04), Training Review Board
a. Students shall fly Contact syllabus events C4101-C4202
with their on-wing.
b. Any Contact Stan IP may substitute as on-wing in the
event the student's on-wing is not available and an on-wing
change is not prudent.
c. There are no other continuity requirements unless
specified by the flight leader for SMS students.