8 December 2004
(1) A ground evaluation emphasizing the deficient areas
may clear an unsatisfactory check ride or end of block syllabus
event caused solely by ground operations.
(2) End of block unsatisfactory syllabus events in the
Instrument stage may be cleared in the simulator if these
conditions are met:
(a) The cause of the unsatisfactory is specific to
(b) The simulator is suited to the failed maneuver.
Until remediating the unsatisfactory:
(1) The student shall not fly solo.
(2) The student will not accomplish training in any other
(3) Academic classes, examinations, and ground training
missions may be accomplished provided the unsatisfactory mission
was not a prerequisite.
Training Review Board
a. Scope. Consider the circumstances relevant to the
student's training, for example:
(1) Quality of training provided in accordance with
(3) Outside influences/extenuating circumstances.
(4) The TRB shall not make recommendations based on
perceived student potential or aspects unrelated to the
administrative application of training IAW this directive.